Pineapple Tepache Jam | De La Calle's Cool Twist On A Classic Recipe
We’ve all had jam before, but have you ever had Pineapple TEPACHE Jam? Didn’t think so.
This unique twist on a classic recipe is sure to elevate any dish you add it to. With a tropical twist on a classic recipe, this jam is sure to add an extra punch of flavor to any dish. Whether you're glazing your pork chops or adding it to a sweet treat, this jam is sure to impress. Read on for our quick and easy step-by-step guide to making De La Calle's signature Pineapple Tepache Jam.
First Things First
To start, gather the following ingredients:
- 1 medium-sized pineapple, peeled and cored
- 1 can of Pineapple Spice Tepache
- 2 cups of sugar (or any sweetener of your choice)
- 1 cinnamon stick
- Pinch of salt
- 1 tbsp of butter *optional*
- Cut the pineapple into small pieces and finely chop or grind. Place the pineapple puree in a large pot and add the tepache, cinnamon stick and salt. Stir the mixture until combined.
- Bring the mixture to a boil over high heat, then reduce heat to low and let it simmer for 30 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- After 30 minutes, add the sugar and stir until it dissolves. If you’re using butter, add it now. Let the mixture simmer for another 30-40 minutes or until it reaches a jam-like consistency.
- Remove the cinnamon stick and pour the mixture into a sterilized jar. Let it cool and refrigerate.
Pro-tip: Use the jam as a glaze for pork or chicken, add it to a sauce for extra flavor, or even spread it on toast for a quick breakfast option.