Fulfillment and Logistics Manager
Located in Los Angeles, California, HERE Studio is a start up for the seekers and the doers filled with passionate people who work hard and love what they do. Here Studio specializes in health & wellness brands that are exciting, story-driven, and uniquely poised to disrupt and innovate in their industries. Our standards are high because we believe in finding good talent, cultivating strong team relationships, and pushing for excellent work.
Our current brands include De La Calle and De La Calle Cocteles. This position will be responsible for leading the Fulfillment and Logistics function, working across all our manufacturing and distribution sites.
This role reports to the Head of Operations, Marco Serrano.
The main objectives (key performance indicators) for this position in 2023 are:
- On Time Shipping and Delivery - Manage and maintain 98% or more for ‘On Time and In Full %’ performance indicator across all our sales channels..
- Logistics and Freight Cost per Case - Maintain a cost per case under $1.75 through the efficient utilization of Freight services and Fee avoidance.
- Planning and LOT Inventory Control - Maintain Finished Good inventory accuracy of 99% across all warehouses and fulfillment sites. Manage Demand vs. Supply to identify any potential shortages. Manage Expiration dates to eliminate spoilage.
- Overseeing daily order fulfillment activities, including order processing, picking, packing, and shipping preparation.
- Working alongside a 3PL and utilizing their WMS software to optimize warehouse and fulfillment operations
- Tracking inventory levels to prevent stock-outs and/or dead-stock
- Developing standard operating procedures (SOPs) for inventory control, logistics management, and order fulfillment to meet operational goals
- Preventing inventory shrinkage, accidents, and occupational hazards
- Optimizing procurement of inventory by improving vendor relationships, performance, and lead times
- Managing a dynamic team of production supervisors, full-time and part-time warehouse staff, and other direct reports
- Maintaining positive and mutually beneficial relationships with vendors, suppliers, manufacturers, and 3PLs (if applicable)
- Reporting weekly on multiple fulfillment and performance KPIs
- Providing data-backed and actionable updates to senior management to improve order fulfillment metrics and vendor performance
- Supporting efforts to attain certifications (such as ISO 9002 and COPC) for quality in installation, production, and customer experience
- Auditing and reconciling the order to cash process
- End of Month Revenue Audit and reconciliation
Please note this job description is not designed to contain a comprehensive list of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without prior Notice.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to use hands to handle or feel and talk or hear
- Should be able to work in environments with variable noise levels, lighting conditions and temperature variation and able to access all areas of building without limitations
- The employee frequently is required to reach with hands and arms above the head and below the waist
- The employee is frequently required to drive to different copackers, warehouses, supplier meetings, and offices
- Be able to lift and carry up to 50lbs
ABOUT THE IDEAL CANDIDATE
- Proven track record of analytical, interpersonal, leadership, and project management skills
- Prior experience and familiarity with warehouse operations
- Prior experience and familiarity with Accounting practices (Order to Cash management)
- Proficient in Microsoft Office (Word, Powerpoint, Excel, etc.), inventory management systems, and warehouse management systems
- Multitasking capabilities
- Business-level communication skills (oral and written)
- A strong customer-oriented focus
- Bachelor’s degree
WHAT YOU GET
- A role at a group of companies that are growing in the triple digits
- The opportunity to work with a fantastic team of creative, hard-working people
- An awesome work environment: we’re flexible around hybrid work and open to a remote candidate for this position, but the West Adams office is just a great place to be
- Office lunches & snacks
- Competitive pay, Medical, Dental, Vision, & Life insurance
- Generous PTO & Company Holidays
- 401(k) with company match
- Cell phone reimbursement
- Unlimited De La Calle tepache
- A huge company party at the end of the year
SALARY RANGE: 90-DAY CONTRACT TO HIRE, annual salary equivalent to $75-90k plus benefits & 401k match
As the Bay Area Sales Manager joining the team at Here Originals, covering both VINA and De La Calle brands, you will be responsible for developing and expanding the company’s footprint...